Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Toward the end of an era

It has been almost two months since my last post. Numerous trips between the Shire East and the Shire West have occurred.

I have been at the Shire West since December 8. There were meetings - a wonderful celebration (including a fair imitation of lembas) led by my colleagues in the Peacemaking Program (Tricia and I made the run to Costco to buy many of the other supplies) - a great dinner at Havana Rumba with good friends - a football game won and a football game lost.

Mostly there has been transition - pretty relentless transition - working to prepare the Shire West to go on the market. Home repair is no where near the top of my list of either things I enjoy or things I do well - even when my primary role (well, pretty much my only role) is writing checks or making runs to Home Depot.

It is made more than a tad bittersweet because this marks the end of an era.

Tonight's movie - 3 Godfathers - John Wayne does Christmas.

Tomorrow - Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment