Friday, April 22, 2011

For campus ministers, thanks be to God

I did a gig on Maundy Thursday evening with Agape House - a Protestant campus ministry at the University of Illinois in Chicago.

Interestingly enough, I had once done a field education placement that was based at Agape House. I worked with the Rev. Gene Powell at what was then called Loop Community College - now Harold Washington Community College.

Memories flooded back. As they roil in my heart and soul, I give thanks for those campus ministers who helped to shape me:

The Rev. Judson McConnell
The Rev. Dave McGown
The Rev. Gene Powell

And I give thanks for those who presently engage in campus ministry - Kurt, Catherine, Jan, John, Jon - and those I forget - and those I do not know.

Thank you for your important work.

No comments:

Post a Comment