Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not what it seems

I am watching The Black Death. I put it on my Netflix list to view on Roku. I did so because it has Sean Bean in it. It has something to do with bubonic plague, the church, witches, monks, knights of some source, and a village where there have been no deaths, no plague. Apparently the theory of the outsiders is that they have been spared because of witchcraft. And Sean Bean and his cohorts are there to test that theory. I will probably hang around to see whether they are right - and what happens either way.

It is no Lord of the Rings  - no  entry in the Sharpe's series - no Troy - all of which featured Sean Bean and led me to choose this one. It certainly is no The Plague - Camus' classic novel that pivots around an outbreak of plague.

It apparently deals with very, very deep questions - so deep that I don't understand them. Every time I think I have a glimmer of what is going on, it wanders of in another direction.

"Nothing here is what it seems," Sean Bean's character says.

Now if only I could figure out what things seem to be, I would know what they aren't.

See you along the Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment