Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mists of Avalon

Partway into this movie - or mini-series - have found some weirdness, some appeal, and several interesting things.

Interesting that James Coburn was the executive producer. James Coburn of The Magnificent Seven. I wonder what the back story is?

Interesting who the players are. In the scenes with the young Arthur, I was sure I recognized him. Near the end of his time in the film, I realized it was Freddie Highmore (August Rush, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Finding Neverland and more). A very young Freddie Highmore, but Freddie nonetheless.

Interesting version of the "relationship" between Arthur and Morgaine that leads to the conception of Mordred. Could be even more interesting to see how this develops.

Interesting take on how Arthur obtains Excalibur.

Interesting take on how Lancelot and Guinevere (Gwenwyfar as it is spelled here) meet.

I am interested to see what else proves interesting.

I need to reread the book. I suspect there will be many significant differences.

See you along the Trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment