Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Goals met, foot protected

Whenever I try to get back in the exercise groove, I have a tendency to overdo things - to go too hard too quickly. Where this usually plays out is in a blister on my foot. This time is no exception.

So today, instead of doing nothing and instead of going all out, I took it easy and spaced my walking. I made it to the gym, but went 20 minutes on the treadmill instead of 40. I needed some groceries so I walked around the store for about 20 minutes. I found a couple of other times to walk just a little bit longer.

I suppose I did not make the letter of the goal for focused exercise. But I believe I achieved the spirit. I did eat well. And I did make 10,392 steps. I am calling that all three goals met. Four days.

Neither the Cavaliers nor the Pens played today. I did a Netflix video about Bonhoeffer.

At the gym, I watched the Phoenix Los Suns game against San Antonio. It's a pretty good gesture. And now I am hooked. I am watching the end of their game and they will be my second team.

See you along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment