Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time for some honesty

The last stretch of time has been bad. Very bad. Maybe one or two days at the gym. And eating everything in sight. Not many 10,000 step days.

Not sure I understand why. No question that I feel the effects. There were moments when I thought I might try again, but they never lasted more than a couple of hours.

Now something may be stirring. I am feeling like I might begin again. I thought it might be yesterday. I did not make it to the gym, but I did focused walking at the Shire. I accomplished 10,305 steps. And, until about 10:30 p.m. I did not overeat. It got ugly after that. But that was the best day I have had in a long time.

I am trying again today. I have done some focused walking. And I have eaten well. We will see how things go. I need to go the store and get batteries for my pedometer. It's a tad difficult to have a step count goal and no way to count the steps.

Thanks to all who have emailed or talked to me with encouraging words. Thanks to all who have sent good thoughts my way.

See you along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment