Friday, August 6, 2010

Shire renovations continue on day 4


Yet another day of meeting the goals - ate well; 33 minutes on the treadmill; 10,355 steps. The humidity broke today - still hot but much more bearable - so I walked to the gym.

The day also brought a renewal of the renovation project on the Shire. A ceiling was painted and the walls spackled. Hopefully I will be able to move in the morning.

At one point, I had planned to go to Dublin, OH for the Dublin Irish Festival. For a variety of reasons - including a desire to get moving on the renovations, I chose to stay at the Shire.

So instead of watching a movie or putting a movie on while working, I went with my Irish play list on my iPod. It ranges from Enya to the Pogues; the Clancy Brothers to the Dropkick Murphys; Kila to Eileen Ivers. And a whole lot more. The festival lasts all weekend so I will continue to listen. There are about 850 songs left. It should last.

See you on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment