Monday, August 9, 2010

Two for three


Again, the day got away yesterday and I did not get (or make) time to post. I only met two goals yesterday - overeating in the evening - but at least it was on low-carb items. I did get to the gym and I made 10,437 steps.

The day saw the second coat of paint applied to guest room 2. The remaining task is to paint the woodwork and then start putting the room back together.

Today will be something of a challenge as I am working at the Shire. That could make it difficult to walk 10,000 steps. I will have to figure something out.

Eric arrives this evening. I will have to put him to work.

Broken Trail was the film of the evening - Robert Duvall good as always. Throughout the story, his character shows great courage in responding to physical threats and violence -- but fear and avoidance guide his emotional relationships with women. At the end there is a powerful scene where, in his old age, he receives a letter from a woman with whom he could have pursued love but he chose not to do so. His face reveals his wondering - his yearning - his conflict - as he ponders what might have been.

Kind of adds new meaning to my closing.

See you along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment